- Where two or more grills are provided, 50 percent but not less than two must be accessible, and 40 percent of those must be served by outdoor accessible route.
- Grills must have a firm, stable, and clear space of 48 inches on all useable sides, and be at least 15 inches from the ground with the cooking surface being no higher than 34 inches from the ground. Rotating grills must have 48 inches of firm, stable, and clear space all around them.
For More Information
- 2009 Draft Final Accessibility Guidelines for Outdoor Developed Areas
- Washington Administrative Code 551-50-1101 1101.2.1
- U.S. Department of Justice 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
GrillPhotograph shows a picnic site and accessible table, grill, and water fountain at Ginko Petrified Forest State Park.